Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Story Of Joseph - Waiting For God's Promise


The speaker in church today spoke of the story of Joseph but in an entirely different perspective. I had always though Joseph (the dreamer) was a very fortunate person, favored by God and man was how he was described in the bible.

Although a bit tragic that his own brothers sold him off to be a slave in Egypt, that must have been difficult.

It's amazing his faith never faltered and so he saw how the Lord's will unfolded in his life. The speaker in church today mentioned that it took 13 years for Joseph's dream to be made real. That dream where the sun, moon and stars bowed down to him.

He had to go through a lot of trial and suffering before he arrived to that place of honor and respect. Along the way he was maltreated and imprisoned and well, just tested by everything that happened in his life.

I can relate because nothing ever came easy for me. It always seemed like whatever I had to do I had to put so much effort in it whereas I saw other people just ease through things in life that I seem to have to work twice as hard at for the same results.

The speaker did mention that we learn best through steps of faith. I'm not sure I agree because it is most difficult but I guess that's how we best assimilate the lessons in life. In the end though it's true what she said about God's will, it doesn't unfold the way we expect them to. But God is faithful and so should we.

No comments: