Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Lord's Will and My Career



Right now is a very complicated time for me. I've been having difficulty about work relationships and just about work in general. I'm not really sure if I'm in the right place right now because I feel the work I do and the people I'm working with, my superior to be specific, is not really bringing out the best in me.

This is on a personal christian-like behavior anyway. I'd like to say I'm a good person, but I'm really not that good. And when it comes to dealing with my superior right now, it becomes even harder to be nice and polite.

There is this air of distrust between us. And so I asked the Lord to please take me away from this place. I usually say "Take me out of the dark Lord please!" and I think God has heard me.

So far there have been 3 opportunities presented to me, 2 of which cannot compete in terms of salary because I am very well-paid where I am, note though that I also work really hard. But both companies are very stable in the long-term. I've constantly asked the Lord that if either of those companies just came out with a job offer even if the pay was to be lower I would probably take it.

But so far, no offer has come my way. I'm still waiting on the Lord. Right now though my prayer has changed it's tone. Instead of saying please take me out Lord, right now it's please help me to wait for Your perfect timing and please give me the strength to stand my ground while I wait for Your will to unfold.

The third opportunity is already an offer as it is to go abroad. It's okay I guess but I'd like to stay here. I have told the Lord these things, offered to Him my career options - if they're still there.

Lord please help me, please help me know Your will and be patient for Your perfect timing. I know the Lord has so many good things planned for me. He has already brought me this far, and I couldn't have imagined myself being where I am today. He just gave me all these things

So thanks Lord, thanks so much for all these things. I truly truly appreciate them. The Lord knows my heart. The verse I carry around these days is this:

A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. --Proverbs 16:9

No comments: